In collaboration with the San Diego Workforce Partnership and the America’s Job Centers of California, Grossmont-Cuyamaca Corporate College is offering an Environmental Health and Safety Technician Certificate, completely grant funded and free to participants.
Interested in a career that helps companies prevent harm to workers and the environment?
This entry level certificate in Environmental Health and Safety Technician training provides students with the basic skills required to work in a variety of environmental fields. Program content emphasizes general industry, healthcare, biotechnology and life sciences technology.
Course content includes:
40 – Hour OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Training
30 – Hour OSHA General Industry Safety Training
8 – Hour Department of Transportation Hazardous Material Awareness Training
8 – Hour Introduction to Hazardous Waste Management
10 – Hour Basic First Aid / CPR / AED Training
8 – Hour Introduction to EHS Recordkeeping and Training
4 – Hour Introduction to Radiation Safety
8 – Hour Blood borne Pathogens & Biological Safety for the EHS Technician
After program completion and successful examination, participants will receive the following industry recognized certificates and wallet cards:
- 40 Hr HAZWOPER Certificate
- 30 Hr General Industry Certificate
- DOT Hazardous Material Awareness Training Certificate
- CPR/First Aid/ AED Certificate
Potential Entry Level Positions:
- Hazardous Waste Technician
- Environmental Health and Safety Technician
- Materials Handler
- Chemical Support Technician
- Lab Assistant
Qualification: Must be currently unemployed, over 18 years of age, and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be member of America’s Job Center of California.
- Completion of WorkKeys Assessment, offered during program orientation.
- Must be able to attend classes at published times.
Tuition: completely FREE!
Our Spring 2017 session is currently FULL. If you would like to be put on a waitlist for future trainings, please call 619.668.1727 or email Erin.Roberts@gcccd.edu.